Monday, November 2, 2009

"Exercise is done against one’s wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse."

-- George Sheehan

Day 41 AS

Back to work in 3 days on Thursday... I'm looking forward to it intellectually, but not quite so much physically. It will be nice to get my brain back to things that are a little more stimulating than Facebook games (although I must say my Mafia Wars and Vampire Wars rankings have improved significantly during this hiatus! :) ). It will be even nicer to see and interact with some of the wonderful colleagues I am blessed with. But... I hope I can make it through a full day physically. I'm glad I'll only have 2 days this week back before the weekend... I suspect it will take a little time to get my stamina back.

My first true "public" outing in months occurred Saturday night as we attended a Halloween Birthday party to help a dear friend celebrate a milestone birthday. I almost didn't attend as it was one of my less-than-good days, (it seems I have around one of those a week), but sucked it up and went anyway. I'm glad I did -- aside from celebrating the special day, it was great seeing so many friends and getting caught up on what's been going on these last few months. I lasted almost two hours -- not too bad!

Yesterday John set up our new Wii game and we both played Wii Fit Plus a while. It was kind of fun, for exercise, surprisingly enough. I was thrilled to not have to modify the balance board. I had been looking at this a few months ago when I was over the weight limit for the game and knew of some work-arounds, so was ready to implement them, but amazingly enough I'm substantially under the weight limit now... woohoo. Not only that, but if the scale is accurate, I'm down another 8 pounds from last Tuesday... not bad.

Now, if we could just get my blood pressure up a little. It's still running around 100/60. I hate to think this, but perhaps the stress of the work place will help later this week... time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment