
“There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.”
Don Juan deMarco (1995) as uttered by Johnny Depp
I think it's time to stop counting days after surgery -- it's over 8 months now and I continue to feel more wonderful seemingly every day!! Lots of energy -- it's quite grand.
As of today I've lost 196 pounds from last April's high weight -- truly amazing. Every time I think the loss is going to stop, it starts again, albeit more slowly than it was at first. I had some blood drawn for testing this morning, so fingers crossed those numbers will come back good in a couple of days. I saw my internist and she's hopeful we can knock another med or two off the list when those results come back. I see my surgeon and endocrinologist next week and hope they are happy too.
I'm still on my honeymoon with my new job -- I love, love, love it still. I hope I can hang on to that feeling for a while yet. My staff is great as is everyone else I've met -- a lot of people committed to doing the very best they can to make the company successful. Yes, it's a job, but the "feeling" of the people there overall is very positive, in spite of the hard work everyone seems to be putting in.
And of course I'm still on my endless honeymoon with John... I love, love, love him and always will! :) He continues to be my rock, not to mention chef extraordinaire. I am a little less picky about my food, but just a little. I still can't digest fat well so avoid that. My favorite dishes remain mostly vegetarian soups but I've found a strange (for me) new affinity for fish dishes -- quite odd for me. Our favorite Mexican restaurant makes a lovely chicken tortilla soup, and is happily modifying it by leaving out the tortillas and cheese for me so I'm getting some of those great seasonings back in my diet. And our local Thai place will make Tom Yum with scallops and extra vegies for me too. It seems I just need to ask and most places are willing to make the magic happen. It is very nice to be able to enjoy spices again. There are still some flavors I dislike, but if I like it, it doesn't have to be kept down to a pinch of this or that anymore.
The most recent downside to life lately is a broken tooth yesterday... yuck. I broke one over Memorial Day weekend several years ago too -- I hope the holiday's not trying to tell me something. It is unlikely to be related to the surgery -- the last broken one was pre-surgery and in a tooth that had a filling put into it the same day as the this one around 20 years ago. I had a temporary crown put on today and the numbing injections are starting to wear off -- I've stopped drooling now. :) Of course it's starting to hurt a bit now too -- thank goodness for liquid Tylenol -- I suspect I'll be using a bit of that tonight. The permanent crown is due for installation in a couple of weeks.
TTFN (for those non-chatters out there, Ta Ta For Now)
Photo is me last week with cousin Sophia (Phil and Christine Engstrom's 3 year old) at her and her twin brother Phillip's birthday party - and yes, it was very windy that day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment