Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hope

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. - Allan K. Chalmers

Day 177 AS

Today has been an "interesting" day. My work day started off with the dreaded white envelope and the words so many of us are hearing lately: "today is your last day of employment here." And remarkably, rather than feeling wildly emotional, I felt an incredible sense of relief -- like the Dementors have lost the battle and I've arisen victorious with joy and hope and optimism for a future that I haven't looked forward to in an awfully long time professionally. This in spite of now being a, as John coined it, 0ink family -- zero income no kids. He had a great interview himself yesterday, and although it may not pan out, there's hope that if this isn't the "one", the "one" will soon be coming his way. Now we need to hurry up and rush and see how much (cheap!) R&R we can squeeze in before the next round of insanity comes our way and enjoy some of this bench time together.

Does this mean I can no longer come up with excuses to not go to the gym with Fern? Hmmmm... I might actually have to consider it now! I feel more energetic already!! I've already threatened John with daily walks!! I'm going to miss Peggy threatening me, so I guess I'll just have to take on her role and threaten someone else instead -- pay it forward kinda.

Support group was good this week -- I'm now more than 170 pounds lighter than I was last April. Woohoo!! I suspect I might even look half way decent in that new suit or two I'll have to acquire for interviewing back in the real world. ;) I had been planning to start a new job search soon anyway as I've been so unhappy, but was holding back on investing in apparel until my weight stabilizes. Again, Fern to the rescue: buy a couple of good ones with good lines and get over it -- simply have them tailored later when I do. Sound advice. And shoes... hopefully these darn gout attacks will stop and I can wear some classy shoes instead of these lovely stretchy knit topped shoes. My feet have shrunk along with the rest of me -- it's all still a bit surreal to me.

Bumping up the protein intake has helped tremendously with my hair loss. While I still see some every day, it's lessened dramatically -- we're talking a few strands a day now vs. a few dozen strands a day.

John and I had fun toodling around town this afternoon, running errands together. I returned victorious to Tasters Guild tonight. The chef prepared a luscious sounding menu so I attended for the first course comprising some cajun-seared scallops over a bed of green papaya and other yummy things. It was so great to see the old gang, many of whom I hadn't seen since last April. The warmth of my reception was almost overwhelming!! The feedback was amazing -- the happiness for me and my new self surrounded me. I can't even begin to describe the feeling. Awesome awesome awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment