Thursday, September 3, 2009

“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." -- Vincent Van Gogh

Day 121

Well, it's official. That is, I'm officially in "pending" status. All of my surgical pre-requisites have been met from the program's perspective and they have indeed submitted the request for surgery approval to my insurance company. Best guess is that I'll have the procedure the week of 9/21; with some luck and speedy processing by insurance perhaps the week of 9/14.

I'll be going in next week for a 2 hour pre-op class, objectives of which are to learn more about preparing for the surgery and preparing for the first month afterwards. There's another support group next week too so I plan to go to that as well.

Yesterday I saw my sleep doctor and as much as I hate it, that darn machine makes me look statistically good now at least -- averaged only 3 stops to my breathing per hour on it vs. the old number that was around 90. The doctor thought the numbers were great, so I guess that's a good thing. He had tested some things through bloodwork that may have been causing some restless legs at night and all those tests came back pretty good too. The one "close" one was iron -- they recommend having a level of up to 50 and I'm at 53, so good enough, but he suggested it could be higher so I'll start some iron supplements now too.

I was successful in setting up the new wireless network at home over the weekend and the reception's great everywhere! Woohoo. I love technology when it works. Our new laptop is fabulous also -- really pleased with it. John built a groovy rolling laptop table for me last night, so I'm all set and can remain connected now when I get home from the hospital. Who could ask for more?

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for the week of 9/14 -- that would be grand. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment