Monday, September 14, 2009

"Godspeed your love to me"

Day 132

As Belinda so aptly put it when I got "THE" date a couple of hours ago: "Holy CRAP!" A week from tomorrow, Tuesday, 9/22 at 8:30 AM PDT start sending good vibes my way as that's when they'll wheel me into the surgical suite to start the next phase of this journey.

I'm really excited and a wee bit apprehensive now. This is an irreversible decision once I go under. At the pre-op prep class last week they had us sign the surgery authorization with all of the warnings including the big D (death) thing and the reminder that you will not be able to consume the same same size meals as you can today. Three 1-3 ounce meals at first, and then three 3 ounce meals for a long time -- eventually 1-1.5 cups depending on the individual after a year or two. Considering that's part of my objective, the latter is a good thing. We're rooting for a pass on the first thing.

This week is going to be crazy -- an insane work load at the office; several hours doing pre-op stuff Wednesday and I bet a couple more things later in the week. After all these months of waiting it truly is now going to be rush rush rush. I suspect this is part of the strategy to keep people from changing their minds -- keep them too busy to worry too much.

I just heard the news that Patrick Swayze lost his battle with pancreatic cancer and am saddened by his passing. I have always had a bit of a crush on him... who could resist him in "Dirty Dancing" or "Ghost?" Remember this one?

Unchained Melody
Composed by Alex North with lyrics by Hy Zaret

Oh, my love
my darling
I've hungered for your touch
a long lonely time
and time goes by so slowly
and time can do so much
are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love
Godspeed your love to me

Lonely rivers flow to the sea,
to the sea
to the open arms of the sea
lonely rivers sigh 'wait for me, wait for me'
I'll be coming home wait for me

Oh, my love
my darling
I've hungered for your touch
a long lonely time
and time goes by so slowly
and time can do so much
are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love
Godspeed your love to me

Please Godspeed your love and good thoughts to me next week! You know I send them back a hundred-fold.

The Righteous Brothers perform 'Unchained Melody' (YouTube video)

2 comments:

  1. Gail,

    Your surgery will be on my birthday! You will undergo a kind of rebirth after your operation, a life altering, can't take back, change. So, your re-birthday will forevermore be my birthday. It must be exciting and scary at the same time, I can't even imagine what you must be feeling. I'm feeling hopeful that everything will go as planned during and after.

    How long will you be in the hospital? Will John be sending out medical updates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!

    Good luck good luck good luck.

    And not just next week -- for the next months and years as you adjust. And for the rest of your life, Good LUck!

    your friend,

    mac

    ReplyDelete