“I would say that the surest measure of a man's or a woman's maturity is the harmony, style, joy, and dignity he creates in his marriage, and the pleasure and inspiration he provides for his spouse” -- Benjamin Spock
Day 4 AS Saturday, September 26
Hallelujah -- the drainage is slowing down to a very manageable level. I had been wearing an abdominal binder to add some additional support, but tried going without it today and finally feel better without it -- so away binder!!
My day is moving into a boring but consistent pattern. Force fluids, force tiny cut up pills down, sit up, belch and burp to relieve some pressure -- try to avoid the dreaded hiccups. Walk to the bathroom. Fart (if I'm lucky), poop, pee -- generally in that order. After this the abdominal pressure's released enough that I can comfortably walk -- I'm up to five loops of the upper level of the house now. Sit down, force some more fluids and pill fragments down, fall asleep out of exhaustion for around an hour or so -- repeat cycle every 3 hours.
We were looking forward to USC reinstating themselves again Saturday night and thankfully they did. I think I made it through about half the game -- not bad.
I still can't concentrate enough to read -- or long enough to even use a round of energy up in Mafia Wars or Vampire Wars on Facebook -- shocking! ;) I can almost make it through a one hour TV show. Glad there are a lot of new shows on the DVR from season starts last week.
John heads back to work Monday afternoon. I can't say enough times how great he's been. There's no way I could have done this without him. I'm truly grateful for the Lab's FMLA policy and his wonderful co-workers that put up with him missing most of last week to help me. He will be driving me to the surgeon's office Monday morning.
I'm praying I can take care of myself by then...
The very best part of the day -- a shower. Wow. It was heaven.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment