“I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.” -- Spoken by Nicholas Cage in "City of Angels"
Day 30 AS
I'll start today with the good news that John's hand surgery today went very well. If you ever need a hand surgeon in the Bay Area, he's batting 1000 -- he did a great job on my right hand last year and seemingly a great job on John's right hand today. Plus he's a really cool guy! And John's Mr. Mellow -- even more than usual. Valium is a good drug too it would seem. ;)
Tuesday was my red letter day -- real (albeit soft!) food -- something I could actually chew. What a relief from the prior four weeks of only liquid and pureed food. I can now report that I can eat processed turkey and low-fat jarlsberg swiss cheese and my new digestive system can tolerate both. I'll slowly add more foods like other processed meats, poached chicken and fish, eggs, cheeses, over-cooked vegetables, over-cooked pasta and over-cooked rice during this 4-week stage. The key is for the food to be soft soft soft. I'm still struggling with getting to my daily goal of 75 grams of protein, so hopefully this will help.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
35 grams of fiber and your 75 grams of protein? How the heck do we get the right amount of nutrients? ugh! I struggle!
ReplyDelete