Who knows what tomorrow brings
In a world where few hearts survive
All I know is the way I feel
When its real I keep it alive
The road is long there are mountains in the way
Love lift us up where we belong
Where the eagles fly on a mountan high
Love lift us up where we belong
Far from the world below
Where the clear winds blow
Some hang on to used to be
Live their life looking behind
All we have is here and now
All our lives out there to find
The road is long and there are mountains in my way
But we climb the stairs everyday
Chorus
Time goes by no time to cry
Just you and I alone
Chorus
Music by Bernard Alfred "Jack" Nitzsche and Buffy Sainte-Marie; Lyrics by Will Jennings
Day 16 AS
What a crappy wife I am, and what a wonderful husband I have!! I have no idea how I got to be so lucky, but I am certainly not going to complain.
Today is our 26th wedding anniversary. I woke up as John came up to start getting ready for work and he presented me with a lovely card full of sparklies (and we all know how I love sparklies!). He made me some lovely tea and proceeded with all of his morning things. Before he left he made me some Pea Soup Andersen' soup and it actually tasted good with no bad side affects -- woohoo. He had been inspired by the baby food aisle when selecting that particular soup. There were 3 stage 1 flavors, applesauce, squash and pea, so he figured if it was good for people when we learn to eat it will be good for us when we have to relearn how to eat -- and he was right!
Shortly before noon the doorbell rang and it was my favorite florist (La Petite Fleur in P'ton). The florist put together a lovely arrangement at John's direction full of red roses and my favorite rubrum (aka star gazer) lilies.
What a crappy wife I am -- I didn't do a darn thing to let John know how much I appreciate him.
I can now add one more thing to the list of foods that don't puree well: hot and sour soup. Ugh. We tried that for dinner last night, and all I could taste was the vinegar. I think I'll end up trying just vegetarian soups and purees for the next week and a half pumped up with some of Elaine's protein powder. For lunch I took some more of that pea soup and did just that -- and it was yummy. I'm about 1/2 way to my daily protein goal. It's so much harder to do that I thought it would be!
Other than that, nothing new -- still periodically a little dizzy and still a lot tired.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gail it's MaryLea i totally understand the food thing and the dizzy vertigo thing it's like going off anti deppressants. very hard.
ReplyDeleteI have also been inspired by your blog to start my own on my adventure in healing my life and putting it back together i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia in pain constantly and degenerative arthritis in spine and both hips and bursitis in both hips. I will share my account with you and your friends after I finish reading yours from begining to end.