Sunday, October 4, 2009

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked"

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked" -- Bernard Meltzer

Day 12 AS

Another fun day, this time thanks to Elaine and Steve who stopped by for a lovely visit with John and I, bringing some lovely fall flowers (in a purple vase no less!!) and protein powder... bless you! :)

That is my next big challenge -- getting up to those 75 grams of protein per day -- I am up to about 14 or 15 now -- it seems like an endless way to go at the moment.

I am continuing to feel a lot better, but did have an uncomfortable dizzy spell after showering this morning. I checked my blood sugar and that was not the problem. Elaine asked me when the last time was that I had consumed any calories and that may well have been the issue. I will try eating something before my next shower to see if that helps. John also asked if I bent my head a lot and I did -- so caution there too I guess.

We had the best dinner last night in remembrance of my beloved God-daughter Allison. She loved Mexican food, so on her birthday every year we consume it in her memory. I was not quite sure how I was going to do that this year, (which would have been her 22nd birthday), until I hit on the idea of getting some good Mexican soup and enjoying the broth. John picked up some lovely Caldo de Pollo from Casa Orozco, portioned out some broth for me and ate the rest himself along with a beef quesadilla -- we were both very happy. I know Binky would be happy to know that thanks to her I had the best meal yet, post surgery. It is great to enjoy food flavors again. I confess to being a little worried about that last week.

This coming Tuesday (in 2 days) marks my graduation to pureed foods -- oh boy. I am almost looking forward to that. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks again to all who have called, stopped by, send emails, cards and other lovely treats. One of my favorite cards has been from Tricia and David featuring "Dr. Dreamy" who was sporting a great big GE surrounded by a heart on his white coat -- loved it! :)

Nap time (again!) now...

PS: A special congrats to the great PMs on the To9! program -- I knew you guys would bring this home today... awesome job!!! Thanks for keeping me in the loop!! I am very proud of you -- you have achieved the seemingly impossible.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you! and, so happy that you ate mexican food yesterday! love you! xoxox aimie

    ReplyDelete