“There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!” -- Percy Bysshe Shelley
Day 10 AS
Well, I still have quite a way to go but each day I continue to feel a little better. Today's been my first "fun" day -- John and I both needed to have some blood work done so we had a mini outing this morning to the phlebotomist. Can't say that part was fun (although thankfully I had a great phlebotomist who got me the first time -- yay -- clearly the blood thinners are still doing their thing I might add, given how well I bled after the fact...). But seeing the beautiful autumn morning light was quite grand. I love the light this time of year.
I had my first official visitors this afternoon too and somehow fittingly that was Fern and Roger. They've been great friends forever and I truly appreciate both of them. Leave it to Fern to come up with perfect gifts too (although not expected, they were quite lovely!) -- a fun book on cats that rule the world, an outdoor magazine featuring 100+ techniques for good outdoor photography (a dream of mine to return to) and the current issue of Vogue, so I can start thinking about what kind of clothes I want to buy again one of these days. How very thoughtful!
Fluid consumption is something I look forward to rather than a duty now -- yay. I've found some other things that are tasting good too -- strained "healthy choice" cream of chicken soup, watered-down protein beverages, lime jello and any sugar free popsicle. There's hope!! It's going to take me forever to get to my 75 grams of protein goal (I'm at about 6 now), but there's hope now!! My digestive track is definitely waking up finally -- have I mentioned lately how incredibly wonderful a great fart can be? :) I will never underestimate them again!!
I am trying a day without the anti-nausea medicine today as it makes me dizzy and I won't be able to drive until I'm off it. So far, so good, so fingers crossed... if I can wean off I can drive again in a week. This will coincide with the addition of pureed foods to my diet -- woohoo...
John found out last week that he has to have hand surgery now. Sigh. Thankfully I know he's in good hands (every pun intended) as he is seeing the great hand surgeon that performed my carpal tunnel release early last year. Different issue though -- he had a big knot at the base of his right hand middle finger causing incredibly painful trigger finger. When he wakes up it's totally locked and he goes through awful pain to release it. He will likely have that taken care of in a couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment