"All the knowledge I possess everyone can acquire, but my heart is all my own." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Day 101
And my heart is "normal" -- woohoo!! I received cardiac clearance for the surgery yesterday -- conceivably, insurance company and surgery-suite availability notwithstanding, I may have this procedure performed in September. This was the last major milestone. What a relief!! The cardiologist's office sent the clearance letter to the surgeon's office yesterday, so with any luck at all this may be scheduled next week -- we will see.
I also received my blood lab results. Not awful, but not perfect. Creatinine at 0.91 in range of 0.6-1.1 -- perfect! The BUN (blood urea nitrogen) still high at 33 (range of 7-25). Not awful, like I said. A new anomaly showed up -- low sodium now. My PCP's prescription is so doctor-like, I love it, "Liberalize salt slightly." Never in my life did I think I'd hear a doctor tell me to increase my sodium intake!! It's great though. John made a wonderful high protein dinner last night with zucchini and peppers straight from his garden. I thoroughly enjoyed grinding a few sprinkles of some lovely sea salt on top of it!!!
So I will have to continue drinking water and peeing like crazy!! I am really enjoying the Smart Water a friend suggested -- it does taste wonderful. I found it on Amazon with free shipping so I don't have to haul those heavy cases home from the market. It's great having it delivered right to our front door.
Thanks to everyone who keeps providing me with such wonderful encouragement and support. Please continue to keep your fingers crossed and keep good thoughts coming my body's way for rapid scheduling now. It would be great to be able to be through some of the worst of the after-surgery re-learning to eat by the holidays. If it's not meant to be, it's not, but I sure can hope now! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment